Emergency Room Errors
Serving Clients throughout New York City for Close to 30 Years
If you have to go to the emergency room for emergency medical attention, you rely on the expertise and capabilities of the medical professionals at work there. While the emergency room can be an intense, high stress situation, it is expected that the doctors, nurses and other health providers are able to work through the stress in order to give each patient the best treatment they can.
If you have suffered because of an emergency room error, contact our firm of NYC medical malpractice lawyers today to find out if you have a medical negligence claim against the hospital, doctors or nurses who were taking care of you.
Common Mistakes made in the ER
With the high-stress and high-stakes situation of the emergency room, it is of little surprise to learn that this is one of the places within a hospital with the highest occurrence of errors. Much like doctor errors, these stem from negligence, as well as reckless or distracted behavior. Two of the most common mistakes that can be made in these situations include:
Misdiagnosis; and / or
Errors in medication
Beyond that, many have found that ER staff can cause a treatment delay simply because they did not recognize the severity of the medical issue the patient was having. In some cases, when in a rush, the doctors may mistake certain symptoms, give a generic diagnosis and then send the patient home. This can have catastrophic consequences if this diagnosis keeps the patient from the treatment that they require.
Many attribute these errors to the rush of the ER, as well as the overcrowded nature. Other sources of errors include poorly trained staff, being understaffed, having the improper type or amount of equipment, having overworked staff, as well as simply lacking the resources needed to make a safe and effective environment.
Over 60 Years of Combined Experience
The Law Offices of Joseph Lichtenstein, PC is a group dedicated to helping our clients get the compensation they deserve for suffering as the result of medical negligence. An emergency room error can include receiving the wrong medication, receiving the wrong amount of medication, receiving the wrong treatment for your ailment, receiving the right treatment but executed the wrong way, or any other number of negligent mistakes.
If you have suffered this kind of negligence, you may have huge medical bills as a result, and may have had to miss work. You may have a strong basis for a medical malpractice case and may be able to get compensated for your medical expenses and lost wages. Contact our team of NYC medical malpractice lawyers for a free case evaluation!
The Law Offices of Joseph Lichtenstein provides legal services to most areas around New York City, including the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, and Manhattan, as well as Long Island, Westchester, Suffolk County, and Nassau County. We offer New York communities our expertise as birth injury lawyers, among other legal services. For more information on our services, or to schedule a consultation, visit our contact us page or call us at (888) 392-3104.
Mr. Lichtenstein is the most successful New York trial lawyer and foremost legal scholar on Cerebral Palsy, Erb's Palsy, Brachial Plexus and other birth injury cases
- $47 Million Dollar Verdict in Brooklyn Case for a Brain Injured Baby;
- $15.3 million verdict in an Erb's Palsy / Brachial Plexus injury, birth trauma case.. This was a record verdict;
- $9.3 million case that involved the claimed failure to timely diagnose meningitis in a 5 month old baby;
- $8 Million Dollars Settlement Value in Nassau County Case for Brain Damaged Baby;
- $5 Million Dollar Settlement in Queens Case for Woman injured by a truck;
- $4.4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Woman with a Stroke;
- $4 million for child brain damaged because of medical malpractice - a case other prominent attorneys turned away;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for baby with cerebral palsy from medical Malpractice;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Baby brain damages in Hospital;
- $2.75 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case involving a fire from a product defect;
- $2.6 Million Dollar Verdict in New York City Case for a Man Dying from a Heart Attack;
- $2.5 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case for baby brain damages at birth;
- $2 Million Dollar Settlement in an Orange County Case for a baby brain damaged at birth;
- $1.8 Million Dollar Settlement after Verdict in Westchester County Case involving a truck accident;