About Incorrect Operation Claims
Serving Clients throughout New York City for Close to 30 Years
If you are the victim of having gone in for a medical operation, only to have the wrong operation performed on you, you may have a valid claim of medical malpractice and negligence. If you or a loved one suffered an injury or illness, or possibly death, as the result of an incorrect operation, contact us today.
An incorrect operation is dangerous on a twofold level. First of all, it is extremely dangerous to undergo an invasive surgery that is not necessary for your health. This puts unnecessary strain on your body, and there is always risk involved when undergoing anesthesia. Secondly, if you received the wrong operation, you may still be suffering from a pre-existing illness or ailment that did not get properly treated. This condition may worsen if you are unable to get the proper operation because you are recovering from the incorrect operation.
If you have reason to believe that your current condition was caused by the negligence of a surgeon during a medical operation, do not hesitate to seek the help of The Law Offices of Joseph Lichtenstein. Our team of medical malpractice lawyers can help advise you on which steps you need to take to file an incorrect operation claim.
Explaining the Issues of Wrong Site Surgeries
One common phenomenon of surgical errors is known as the wrong-site surgery (WSS), where the correct operation is made on the wrong area of the body. This can result in devastating consequences, such as the amputation of the wrong limb. In some cases, the definition of this can stretch to include surgeries that are performed in the wrong physical location as well; for example, in a suite rather than an operating room. Statistics are harrowing – showing that instances of WSS can be attributed for over 10% of all medical errors. The Joint Commission actually reported that this form of medical malpractice occurs over 40 times a week.
While this is a serious issue, it is estimated that is actually drastically unreported. Unfortunately, reporting of instances of WSS is entirely voluntary to the Joint Commission – so it is estimated that only one in ten are actually reported. The causes are most commonly attributed to having too informal of a verification system, which has been addressed in recent years. In fact, before most surgeries the patient may be handed a Sharpie and asked to draw on their own body where the surgery will be taking place.
Importance of Hiring a New York Medical Malpractice Lawyer
The Law Offices of Joseph M. Lichtenstein, PC is a large and experienced legal firm in NYC that may be able to help you get compensation for your pain and suffering. If you received the incorrect operation, you may be struggling under huge medical bills. Additionally, you may have had to miss more work to recover from the wrong operation. In these instances, you may be able to get compensated for your medical costs and the lost wages.
Medical malpractice can take on many forms, many of which can be confusing. With the help of one of our NYC medical malpractice lawyers, we can help you determine whether or not your case falls under medical malpractice.
We provide legal services to most areas around New York City, including the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, and Manhattan, as well as Long Island, Westchester, Suffolk County and Nassau County. We offer New York communities our expertise as medical malpractice and birth injury lawyers, among other legal services. For more information on our services, call us at (888) 392 3104 or send us a message through our Contact Us page to schedule a FREE legal consultation.
Mr. Lichtenstein is the most successful New York trial lawyer and foremost legal scholar on Cerebral Palsy, Erb's Palsy, Brachial Plexus and other birth injury cases
- $47 Million Dollar Verdict in Brooklyn Case for a Brain Injured Baby;
- $15.3 million verdict in an Erb's Palsy / Brachial Plexus injury, birth trauma case.. This was a record verdict;
- $9.3 million case that involved the claimed failure to timely diagnose meningitis in a 5 month old baby;
- $8 Million Dollars Settlement Value in Nassau County Case for Brain Damaged Baby;
- $5 Million Dollar Settlement in Queens Case for Woman injured by a truck;
- $4.4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Woman with a Stroke;
- $4 million for child brain damaged because of medical malpractice - a case other prominent attorneys turned away;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for baby with cerebral palsy from medical Malpractice;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Baby brain damages in Hospital;
- $2.75 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case involving a fire from a product defect;
- $2.6 Million Dollar Verdict in New York City Case for a Man Dying from a Heart Attack;
- $2.5 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case for baby brain damages at birth;
- $2 Million Dollar Settlement in an Orange County Case for a baby brain damaged at birth;
- $1.8 Million Dollar Settlement after Verdict in Westchester County Case involving a truck accident;