What Infections Can I Get in a Hospital?
Serving Clients Throughout New York City for Close to 30 Years
Hospitals are known for being clean, sterile environments where the sick or injured can go to receive the care they need for a proper recovery. Unfortunately, some hospital environments are not kept clean enough to account for the elimination of the most aggressive types of bacteria that cause tens of thousands of death every year throughout the United States.
When this type of negligence is the cause of infections in hospitals, an experienced attorney may be called upon to take legal action and seek appropriate financial compensation to cover additional medical costs, lost wages and other expenses related to the injury.
Hospital infections are well-known for being very aggressive and are quite resistant to many antibiotics that would normally be administered to defeat the infection. The most notorious type of hospital infection is MRSA, which is a staph infection that can kill a patient in a matter of days, and is most commonly diagnosed in patients who have undergone a surgery or other invasive procedure that may provide access for the infection.
Other types of hospital infections are also quite devastating to their victims and affect respiratory systems, the urinary tract, blood stream and intestines. Hospital infections should be taken very seriously as they are extremely aggressive, resistant to many antibiotics and can adapt quickly to treatment.
Taking Court Action Over Hospital Infection Injuries
There are few things more horrifying than succumbing to staph or another dangerous hospital infection, especially when you expect the hospital to cure your injuries, not cause them. Hospitals and other healthcare environments that do not give enough attention to proper cleaning and sterilization are potentially vulnerable to legal consequences due to their own negligence.
The Law Offices of Joseph M. Lichtenstein, PC have worked for many years to assist hospital infection victims in pursuing financial compensation for the injuries they have suffered. We will take an aggressive approach to your court case and can effectively establish your need for compensation due to injuries that could have been avoided. Our firm is prepared to take every step necessary to achieve the best possible court decision, and we will work hard to see that you get the justice you deserve. Call us today!
Mr. Lichtenstein is the most successful New York trial lawyer and foremost legal scholar on Cerebral Palsy, Erb's Palsy, Brachial Plexus and other birth injury cases
- $47 Million Dollar Verdict in Brooklyn Case for a Brain Injured Baby;
- $15.3 million verdict in an Erb's Palsy / Brachial Plexus injury, birth trauma case.. This was a record verdict;
- $9.3 million case that involved the claimed failure to timely diagnose meningitis in a 5 month old baby;
- $8 Million Dollars Settlement Value in Nassau County Case for Brain Damaged Baby;
- $5 Million Dollar Settlement in Queens Case for Woman injured by a truck;
- $4.4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Woman with a Stroke;
- $4 million for child brain damaged because of medical malpractice - a case other prominent attorneys turned away;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for baby with cerebral palsy from medical Malpractice;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Baby brain damages in Hospital;
- $2.75 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case involving a fire from a product defect;
- $2.6 Million Dollar Verdict in New York City Case for a Man Dying from a Heart Attack;
- $2.5 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case for baby brain damages at birth;
- $2 Million Dollar Settlement in an Orange County Case for a baby brain damaged at birth;
- $1.8 Million Dollar Settlement after Verdict in Westchester County Case involving a truck accident;