Heart Attack Misdiagnosis
Serving Clients Throughout New York City for Close to 30 Years
In 2000, the New England Journal of Medicine reported that one in every fifty victims of heart attack are misdiagnosed and sent home instead of properly cared for. Unfortunately, the statistics for this are fuzzy and unclear – with the number of heart attack misdiagnoses being the source of countless injuries and even fatalities. Chairman of the Department of Emergency Medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center reported to USA Today that the number is in the tens of thousands and called it a "very perilous area."
Helping the Victims of Misdiagnosis in NY
If you or a loved one has suffered injury or illness due to a heart attack misdiagnosis, you may be able to seek compensation for your pain and suffering. A heart attack misdiagnosis happens when a doctor either diagnoses you with having had a heart attack when you did not actually have one, and proceeds with treatment for such an ailment, or when you have had a heart attack and a doctor fails to recognize, diagnose, and treat this condition. Both incidents can have catastrophic results for the patient. You may be eligible for monetary compensation.
If you have had a heart attack and don't get proper treatment for it, the condition can worsen and worsen, and can ultimately lead to death. Additionally, after a person has a heart attack, they are required to make adjustments to their eating, sleeping and exercise habits, with a doctor's supervision. If someone goes undiagnosed, they are unable to make these changes, and their condition will continue to deteriorate.
Joseph M. Lichtenstein: New York Medical Malpractice Attorney
Conversely, if a person is treated for a heart attack when they have not had one, they are getting superfluous medication and treatment that may not help their current ailment, but also, may in fact exacerbate it more. Both of these heart attack misdiagnosis situations are extremely dangerous and can lead to death. Contact us today if you are a victim of heart attack misdiagnosis. Our firm is ready to help you fight for your compensation.
- $47 Million Dollar Verdict in Brooklyn Case for a Brain Injured Baby;
- $8 Million Dollars Settlement Value in Nassau County Case for Brain Damaged Baby;
- $5 Million Dollar Settlement in Queens Case for Woman injured by a truck;
- $4.4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Woman with a Stroke;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for baby with cerebral palsy from medical Malpractice;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Baby brain damages in Hospital;
- $2.75 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case involving a fire from a product defect;
- $2.6 Million Dollar Verdict in New York City Case for a Man Dying from a Heart Attack;
- $2.5 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case for baby brain damages at birth;
- $2 Million Dollar Settlement in an Orange County Case for a baby brain damaged at birth;
- $1.8 Million Dollar Settlement after Verdict in Westchester County Case involving a truck accident;