Medical Malpractice: Paralysis
Serving Clients Throughout New York City for Close to 30 Years
Certain surgical errors can lead to permanent spinal cord damage and paralysis, paraplegia, quadriplegia or a permanent loss of sensation and ability in the extremities. These cases can be the result of a failure to diagnose a condition such as a stroke, birth injuries, a surgical error or cases in which an injured victim was not stabilized properly after suffering a spinal cord injury, which then led to further damage that should have been avoided. Other causes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Incorrect diagnosis leading to an incorrect operation.
- Surgical error affecting the spinal cord directly.
- Malfunctioning machine damaging the spine.
- Unnecessary bleeding leading to nerve damage.
- Improperly casted arm or leg causing pinched nerves.
- Surgeon tearing or stretching the nerve during surgery.
Surgical Errors Causing Paralysis
Surgical errors are much more frequent than many realize; when the spine is involved, the patient can suffer permanent damage and a forever changed life. In such cases, it is necessary to pursue compensation that reflects the changes that the victim will be dealing with for the rest of their lives. These claims involve careful research and gathering of all supporting evidence, presenting the claim with full documentation and pressing for a settlement that will provide for the victim throughout their lives.
Many victims of spinal cord injuries suffer ongoing physical difficulties that require special equipment and nursing care. These costs must be paid by the negligent parties. The other damages, such as the loss of quality of life, pain and suffering and lost earning potential must also be compensated for in a settlement. Should there be a refusal to come through with a fair settlement, our trial lawyers are exceptionally talented and have achieved high value judgments in court.
We are committed to helping our clients get these issues resolved favorably, and invite you to contact our firm at once if you or your loved one is now paralyzed, either partially or fully.
Mr. Lichtenstein is the most successful New York trial lawyer and foremost legal scholar on Cerebral Palsy, Erb's Palsy, Brachial Plexus and other birth injury cases
- $47 Million Dollar Verdict in Brooklyn Case for a Brain Injured Baby;
- $15.3 million verdict in an Erb's Palsy / Brachial Plexus injury, birth trauma case.. This was a record verdict;
- $9.3 million case that involved the claimed failure to timely diagnose meningitis in a 5 month old baby;
- $8 Million Dollars Settlement Value in Nassau County Case for Brain Damaged Baby;
- $5 Million Dollar Settlement in Queens Case for Woman injured by a truck;
- $4.4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Woman with a Stroke;
- $4 million for child brain damaged because of medical malpractice - a case other prominent attorneys turned away;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for baby with cerebral palsy from medical Malpractice;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Baby brain damages in Hospital;
- $2.75 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case involving a fire from a product defect;
- $2.6 Million Dollar Verdict in New York City Case for a Man Dying from a Heart Attack;
- $2.5 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case for baby brain damages at birth;
- $2 Million Dollar Settlement in an Orange County Case for a baby brain damaged at birth;
- $1.8 Million Dollar Settlement after Verdict in Westchester County Case involving a truck accident;