Have You Suffered From Personal Injury Because of Defective Products?
What is product liability?
Simply put, product liability is the laws governing how cases of defective products should be handled. It regulates how injured victims can file for compensation and seek to hold the guilty party responsible for what they have done. If you were injured by a defective auto part, a pharmaceutical drug, a medical device, or faulty construction equipment, contact our injury lawyer in Brooklyn, Bronx, and Long Island, NY. You could have a product liability case and you need the expertise of experienced injury attorneys.
In these cases, the guilty party could either be the manufacturer of the product or the seller. As there is no federal product liability law, the laws will vary state by state. Manufacturers and sellers have the responsibility to the public to provide safe products. When they do not uphold this obligation, they can and should be held accountable for any injuries which arose as a result.
Basically any type of product could have the potential of causing serious injury, but there are some defective products which can have more serious consequences. Consumer products are used in everyday life. From ovens to cribs to children's toys, serious personal injury can occur when there is a flaw in how they were designed or manufactured.
One possible risk is carbon monoxide poisoning. This type of poisoning is particularly dangerous because the gas cannot be seen or smelled. It can leak from ovens, ranges, and other household devices and can lead to anything from breathlessness to heart attacks. When large consumer products are not designed correctly, one hazard that can occur is that they can tip and fall over. Many of these cases involve children and they can sustain serious injury or even die as a result.
Another major category of defective products is dangerous drugs. Medications are part of a billion dollar pharmaceutical industry and there is pressure to ensure revenues stay high. In the past, however, it has been shown that these companies have been putting profits over the health and safety of the general public.
Sometimes, the drugs are rushed through production in an effort to get them on the market sooner. In other cases, known dangerous side effects are intentionally hidden. From birth defects to heat failure to suicide, the results of these dangerous drugs can be catastrophic. If you were injured because of use of drugs like Accutane, an SSRI, Paxil, OxyContin, or Zoloft, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our personal injury attorney serving Bronx, NY and the surrounding areas.
For anyone who works on a jobsite, they now how important construction equipment is and the dangers of a malfunction. As construction sites are the most dangerous types of workplaces, it is even more important to make sure that the equipment meets safety standards. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is responsible for making these safety standards and manufacturers and designers are responsible for following the standards they impose. If an accident was caused by a defect, the manufacturer could be held accountable for what happened, whether it was scaffolding, a defective forklift, mechanical fault in a power tool, or safety gear that did not function as was required.
If you were one of the thousands of people every year who are injured because of a defective product, you should contact our injury lawyers at The Law Offices of Joseph M. Lichtenstein, PC as soon as possible. We have over 60 years of combined experience on our side and understand how best to protect your rights. We will do everything in our power to fight for you and have already secured millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. For a free case evaluation, please do not hesitate to get in touch with one of our injury attorneys.
The Law Offices of Joseph Lichtenstein provides legal services to most areas around New York City, including the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, and Manhattan, as well as Long Island, Westchester, Rockland County and Orange County. We offer New York communities our expertise as birth injury lawyers, among other legal services. For more information on our services, or to schedule a consultation, visit our contact us page or call us at (888) 392-3104.
Mr. Lichtenstein is the most successful New York trial lawyer and foremost legal scholar on Cerebral Palsy, Erb's Palsy, Brachial Plexus and other birth injury cases
- $47 Million Dollar Verdict in Brooklyn Case for a Brain Injured Baby;
- $15.3 million verdict in an Erb's Palsy / Brachial Plexus injury, birth trauma case.. This was a record verdict;
- $9.3 million case that involved the claimed failure to timely diagnose meningitis in a 5 month old baby;
- $8 Million Dollars Settlement Value in Nassau County Case for Brain Damaged Baby;
- $5 Million Dollar Settlement in Queens Case for Woman injured by a truck;
- $4.4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Woman with a Stroke;
- $4 million for child brain damaged because of medical malpractice - a case other prominent attorneys turned away;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for baby with cerebral palsy from medical Malpractice;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Baby brain damages in Hospital;
- $2.75 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case involving a fire from a product defect;
- $2.6 Million Dollar Verdict in New York City Case for a Man Dying from a Heart Attack;
- $2.5 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case for baby brain damages at birth;
- $2 Million Dollar Settlement in an Orange County Case for a baby brain damaged at birth;
- $1.8 Million Dollar Settlement after Verdict in Westchester County Case involving a truck accident;