Update From Joseph M. Lichtenstein
I had the good fortune, just before Thanksgiving 2016, of having won my second large verdict this year.
In May 2016, I won a $9,315,000.00 verdict on behalf of a young boy who suffered deafness and brain damage because of a failure to work him up for a bacterial illness when he presented to the hospital ER, after days of a high fever, and now having a seizure at home. They sent him home without a single test being done. He ended up with meningitis.
In November 2016, I won a $4,000,000.00 verdict in Buffalo New York on behalf of a 44 year old man who suffered from Cauda Equina Syndrome due to a post-operative abscess. Because of the failure to treat him when his wife called up and told the doctor he had suddenly become incontinent, after having just been discharged from the hospital with severe back and leg pain, leg weakness, leg numbness and fever, he has forever lost control over his bowels and bladder, and has lost all sexual function. He also has excruciating pain in his legs for the rest of his life.
I'd like to think that we are doing some good in helping these unfortunate victims to have a better quality of life.
Joseph M. Lichtenstein
Hear What Others Are Saying About Us ...
“Joe has consistently taken the lead on issues such as maternal forces and other related brachial plexus matters. His meticulous research and persuasive arguments have convinced judges to issue favorable rulings that others in our group have tried and failed to achieve. His work helps expose nonsense such as the maternal forces argument and helps us all fight for the injured children we represent.
Thank you Joe. We appreciate your hard work and tireless effort to expose the lies, half truths and junk. I am sure I speak for all of us when I say thank you for allowing us to ride on the coat tails of your fine work.”
Kenneth Levine & Associates
Our Firm Is Known As "The Medical Attorney" Because We Have Obtained Million Dollar Plus
Verdicts And Settlements For Many Clients
In Cases Of Catastrophic Injury And Death, Our Firm Has Often
Taken On The Hard Cases Others Will Not Or Cannot - AND WON!
- In March, 2018, won $15.3 million verdict in Erb's Palsy / Brachial Plexus injury , birth trauma Case. This record verdict, which was quickly applauded by attorneys throughout the Country, was 2 1/2 times higher than the next highest verdict ever in New York State history in a similar case. Mr. Lichtenstein has long been regarded a formost and groundbreaking legal scholar on Erb's Palsy/ Brachial Plexus injury, birth trauma cases. This verdict establishes him as the most successful trial lawyer on such cases in New York;
- In 2016 won a case against a major New York City Area Hospital that involved the claimed failure to timely diagnose meningitis in a 5 month old baby, resulting in deafness, and developmental delays. The defense offered $100,000, the jury returned a $9.3 million verdict;
- In 2019 settled a case for $3 million invoking the failure to properly manage an acute ischemic stroke
- In 2019 settled a case for $1.25 million involving the failure to timely treat a brain abscess
- In 2016, won a $4.0 million verdict in Buffalo New York on behalf of a 44 year old man who suffered from Cauda Equina Syndrome due to a post-operative abscess. Because of the failure to treat him when his wife called up and told the doctor he had suddenly become incontinent, after having just been discharged from the hospital with severe back and leg pain, leg weakness, leg numbness and fever, he has forever lost control over his bowels and bladder, and has lost all sexual function. He also has excruciating pain in his legs for the rest of his life;
- In 2014 won a multi-million dollar case for an american hero with an amputation, where another firm had turned the case down;
- In 2014 won over a million dollars for the death of a young father and husband where 4 major firms turned the case down.
- Has won millions of dollars in birth injury cases when other firms turned the case down;
- Frequently asked to lecture and teach other lawyers how to prosecute these cases;
- Nationally Recognized As Leader And Innovator In Birth Injury And Erb’s Palsy Cases;
Mr. Lichtenstein is the most successful New York trial lawyer and foremost legal scholar on Cerebral Palsy, Erb's Palsy, Brachial Plexus and other birth injury cases
- $47 Million Dollar Verdict in Brooklyn Case for a Brain Injured Baby;
- $15.3 million verdict in an Erb's Palsy / Brachial Plexus injury, birth trauma case.. This was a record verdict;
- $9.3 million case that involved the claimed failure to timely diagnose meningitis in a 5 month old baby;
- $8 Million Dollars Settlement Value in Nassau County Case for Brain Damaged Baby;
- $5 Million Dollar Settlement in Queens Case for Woman injured by a truck;
- $4.4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Woman with a Stroke;
- $4 million for child brain damaged because of medical malpractice - a case other prominent attorneys turned away;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for baby with cerebral palsy from medical Malpractice;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Baby brain damages in Hospital;
- $2.75 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case involving a fire from a product defect;
- $2.6 Million Dollar Verdict in New York City Case for a Man Dying from a Heart Attack;
- $2.5 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case for baby brain damages at birth;
- $2 Million Dollar Settlement in an Orange County Case for a baby brain damaged at birth;
- $1.8 Million Dollar Settlement after Verdict in Westchester County Case involving a truck accident;
John Hopkins Study
Medical Errors Are Third-Leading Cause of Death in U.S.
Analyzing medical death rate data over an eight-year period, Johns Hopkins patient safety experts have calculated that more than 250,000 deaths per year are due to medical error in the U.S.
Mr. Lichtenstein has 30 years of experience as an attorney, including 29 years of experience in medical malpractice litigation. He has litigated and won hundreds of medical malpractice cases, with verdicts over $47,000,000.00, and has won hundreds of millions of dollars in aggregate verdicts and settlements for his clients. Mr. Lichtenstein obtained the second highest medical malpractice jury verdict in the entire United States in 2006. He has won numerous million dollar verdicts and/or settlements in extraordinary difficult cases, which were rejected by other firms (sometimes many other firms). Mr. Lichtenstein has repeatedly been named as a "super lawyer," a peer review rating reflecting the top 5% of practitioners. He has also been named to the list of “America’s Top 100 Attorneys” a peer review rating of the top attorneys in each state, and has an AVVO rating of “10” and has been named to the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Click here to read more.
T. McKinley Thornton
Mac Thornton received his Juris Doctor from Western New England University's School of Law in 2012 and Bachelor of Science from Carnegie Mellon University in 2009. Mr. Thornton is developing substantial experience in the management and litigation of complex medical malpractice and general liability cases. He is an extraordinarily hard working and dedicated attorney.
Mr. Lichtenstein, MEE is a biomedical engineer with multiple patents and many decades of experience. At the firm he has a focus on medical and scientific analysis on birth injury cases, and other medical and scientific issues.