What is Medical Misdiagnosis?
Serving Clients Throughout New York City for Close to 30 Years
If a doctor misdiagnoses you, you get treated for a disease or ailment that you do not have. This can lead to more pain and suffering because you are not recovering from your pre-established illness, and the treatments for the misdiagnosed illness may also contribute to your pain and suffering. This can even lead to death if the original illness is not handled, or if the treatment for the misdiagnosis is severe and risky.
If this describes the medical situation of you or a loved one, contact our law firm today. A misdiagnosis can lead to huge medical bills, and you may be able to get compensation for those bills, especially for the cost of the treatment for the misdiagnosis. Please contact us today to get information about misdiagnosis of cancer, heart attack, or meningitis.
Statistics of Failure to Rescue
HealthGrades recently releases a study where it found that one of the most common sources of medical malpractice and negligence was misdiagnosis, also known as the "failure to rescue." In the study, it was stated that this was actually far more common than we would like to commonly believe, affecting over a hundred out of every thousand patients in hospitals.
Per the results of a phone survey conducted by the National Patient Safety Foundation, which reviewed the prominent issues relating to medical mistakes, around 40% of respondents reported they had suffered from a medical error of some kind with around 40% of those stating their error was related to some sort of misdiagnosis. These rates can skyrocket in regards to diagnosis in the ER, as the high-stress environment can lead to hasty decisions that are, ultimately, not always in the best interests of the patient.
Suffering misdiagnosis? Contact our firm today!
Our law firm is large and established. We are comprised of some of the top medical malpractice attorneys in the country. We will spare no expense getting expert testimony and opinion on your case. Our firm has taken on and successfully won many cases that other law firms refused to take on. We will take your case to trial if we have to, and we will not accept a settlement if we think we can win your case in court.
Our attorneys are considered to be the top in their field and many have lectured at medical malpractice law conferences across the country. We have the knowledge, experience, and dedication you are looking for in an attorney to handle this sensitive type of case. We may be able to help you get the compensation you need. Contact us today.
Mr. Lichtenstein is the most successful New York trial lawyer and foremost legal scholar on Cerebral Palsy, Erb's Palsy, Brachial Plexus and other birth injury cases
- $47 Million Dollar Verdict in Brooklyn Case for a Brain Injured Baby;
- $15.3 million verdict in an Erb's Palsy / Brachial Plexus injury, birth trauma case.. This was a record verdict;
- $9.3 million case that involved the claimed failure to timely diagnose meningitis in a 5 month old baby;
- $8 Million Dollars Settlement Value in Nassau County Case for Brain Damaged Baby;
- $5 Million Dollar Settlement in Queens Case for Woman injured by a truck;
- $4.4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Woman with a Stroke;
- $4 million for child brain damaged because of medical malpractice - a case other prominent attorneys turned away;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for baby with cerebral palsy from medical Malpractice;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Baby brain damages in Hospital;
- $2.75 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case involving a fire from a product defect;
- $2.6 Million Dollar Verdict in New York City Case for a Man Dying from a Heart Attack;
- $2.5 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case for baby brain damages at birth;
- $2 Million Dollar Settlement in an Orange County Case for a baby brain damaged at birth;
- $1.8 Million Dollar Settlement after Verdict in Westchester County Case involving a truck accident;