Have You Suffered Personal Injury From A Car Accident?
Serving Clients Throughout New York City for Close to 30 Years
At The Law Offices of Joseph M. Lichtenstein, PC, our injury lawyers in Brooklyn and the nearby areas are highly experienced in automobile accident cases.
New York suffers from severe congestion which can lead to serious car accidents. According to the New York State Highway Safety Strategic Plan (HSSP), the state suffered from over a thousand fatalities on the roadways in 2009 – which was a downward trend (reduced over 20% since 2004). The state had also seen a drop in the number of serious injuries sustained in crashes, a reduction from over 12,000 in 2009 from the over 13,000 that was sustained in 2005. Still, the state has harrowing statistics.
While the state takes a harsh stance against impaired driving (utilizing their STOP-DWI legislation and campaign), it is still a prominent hazard on the roads and caused over 300 deaths, as well as over 6,000 injuries in 2008. Another prominent factor that has become a recent issue is that of distracted driving; for example, a driver who is texting behind the wheel or a driver applying makeup. According to the NHTSA, this type of driving was the result of over 6,000 fatalities in 2008. Other causes of accidents include speeding and traffic violations, dangerous road conditions, sleepy drivers, vehicle defects, or any number of accidents and mistakes.
Get in touch with our injury lawyer today if you are in need of legal counsel following a car accident.
Talk to a Knowledgeable Attorney Today
If you have been in an auto accident, it is essential that you seek medical attention right away. Any delay of the treatment could cause complications down the road - namely allowing for the defendant to argue that your injury was not caused by negligent driving, but rather by something else that transpired between the time of the crash and the time that you actually visited a medical professional. Aside from getting medical help, you should also seek the legal guidance of a personal injury attorney.
The Law Offices of Joseph M. Lichtenstein, PC is a personal injury law firm with extensive experience in litigating auto and transit accidents resulting in catastrophic injuries or death. If you or your loved one has been seriously hurt or injured, or if your loved one has been killed, please call us.
Keep in mind that there may be time limits within which you must commence suit. Our firm’s injury lawyers have successfully represented automobile accident clients over the years. We may also tell you, upon investigation, if your injury is likely the result of defective automobiles or parts. If you were injured in an auto accident, you may have huge medical bills, car repairs bills, and you may have lost time from work because of your injuries. You may be entitled to compensation for these expenses.
The Law Offices of Joseph Lichtenstein provides legal services to most areas around New York City, including the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, and Manhattan, as well as Long Island, Westchester, Rockland County and Orange County. We offer New York communities our expertise as personal injury lawyers, among other legal services. For more information on our services, or to schedule a consultation, visit our contact us page or call us at (888) 392-3104.
Mr. Lichtenstein is the most successful New York trial lawyer and foremost legal scholar on Cerebral Palsy, Erb's Palsy, Brachial Plexus and other birth injury cases
- $47 Million Dollar Verdict in Brooklyn Case for a Brain Injured Baby;
- $15.3 million verdict in an Erb's Palsy / Brachial Plexus injury, birth trauma case.. This was a record verdict;
- $9.3 million case that involved the claimed failure to timely diagnose meningitis in a 5 month old baby;
- $8 Million Dollars Settlement Value in Nassau County Case for Brain Damaged Baby;
- $5 Million Dollar Settlement in Queens Case for Woman injured by a truck;
- $4.4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Woman with a Stroke;
- $4 million for child brain damaged because of medical malpractice - a case other prominent attorneys turned away;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for baby with cerebral palsy from medical Malpractice;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Baby brain damages in Hospital;
- $2.75 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case involving a fire from a product defect;
- $2.6 Million Dollar Verdict in New York City Case for a Man Dying from a Heart Attack;
- $2.5 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case for baby brain damages at birth;
- $2 Million Dollar Settlement in an Orange County Case for a baby brain damaged at birth;
- $1.8 Million Dollar Settlement after Verdict in Westchester County Case involving a truck accident;